HOW TO APPLY FOR TAMARIND'S PRINTER TRAINING PROGRAM
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION and send application and related materials to Tamarind Institute, 2500 Central Avenue SE, Albuquerque NM 87106. Or, applicants may e-mail materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with the completed application, applicants must submit the following:
- A letter in which you describe your professional goals/objectives and your reasons for wanting to participate in the Tamarind Professional Training Program
- A complete personal résumé (can include an artist resume)
- Transcripts from up to three art schools, colleges, and/or universities you have attended most recently (these may be sent directly to Tamarind from the institution)
- Three letters of reference from professionals who are familiar with your work (these may be emailed directly from your references to email@example.com)
- A digital portfolio of 10 – 20 images of either your own art, or lithographs you have printed for another artist, that demonstrate the range of your experience in lithography (mail a thumb-drive, or include a link to your images online, ex: Cloud, Dropbox, etc.). Images should be in a Power Point presentation, with caption information on each slide, including the following details: Artist, Title, Year, Paper/Image size, Edition size, Notation of plate(s) or stone(s), and Press type (offset or direct).
Note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please contact Tamarind if you have not received an email confirmation, stating that your application is complete.
For students applying only for the one-year Tamarind Printer Training Program, please review the application requirements and submit your materials directly to Tamarind. DO NOT apply for admission to The University of New Mexico when you apply to Tamarind; application and enrollment will be done after acceptance to Tamarind.
For students applying for the MFA Program, please note that there is a separate application to the College of Fine Arts, which will be reviewed independently of the Tamarind application. Students must apply for both the Tamarind Printer Training Program and the UNM MFA program.